Sunday, January 30, 2005

Courses for Horses

Currently listening to:
Fifty-fifty by Frank Zappa
- I've just started listening to Mr. Zappa and I've found his own, personal blend of humourous, sarcastic lyrics and auditory goodness quite, as the name suggests, good. And of course, I can't go past the fact that he apparantley wrote one of my favorite Sesame Street songs - It's the one that counts up to 12. Just the numbers, no other confusing clap trap. I believe the visuals complimenting the song were reminiscent of a pinball travelling through a pinball machine hitting all the numbers as they were sung, but that's something for you to find out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been away for a week and I went horse riding for the first time in about 6 years. For anyone who hasn't been horse riding in their life, you have to do it. [This is the part where I get all 'obsessed' over horses] Horses are so wonderful - to use a well used phrase: Horses are magnificent creatures. Friendly, yet timid and they all have their own personality.

I'm gonna make sure I go horse riding one a year now. Just thought I'd let you all know that - plus, if it's in writing for the whole world to see there's more of a chance I'll do it.

Can't think of much else to write so I'm gonna finish. <--- there.

O.R.

2 comments:

Toria/Deb said...

Me again ;) Yeah horses are lovely creatures. I used to dream of owning one and caring for it constantly. But, sadly, my parents never gave in *sigh* Since my dad was into sailing, my mum said to me "Ask him for a boat and you'll have better luck". I can distinctly recall sputtering out "But, but, but I don't WANT a boat, I want a HORSE!" and then breaking down into floods of tears. I guess, in the long run, just riding them was more fun....but at the time, a horse would have been a lovely friend. My best friend (still is!) had a barn and 3 horses in her very large backyard and we'd pamper those horses very well. I got a whole new appreciation for the animal as a magnificent beast when I worked at a breeding farm for about a year. Seeing that stallion doing "his job" on a mare, Phew, makes you appreciate them all the more. And to see that baby foal emerge is just as special as anything I've ever experienced, honestly. A miracle when you see it. And to see them struggle to stand and then find their mummy's milk, awwwwww, tears still come to my eyes, 24 years later. I do hope you go riding!

Kate said...

ha, I have to say I never was into horses. Or horse riding. I only remembergoing once, on year 11 camp. and although i didn't hate it, I wasn't rushing out to do it again. but who knows, maybe i can be converted.